Client Side Things

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Codewalkers ForumsOther TechnologiesClient Side Things

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Codewalkers Forums Sponsor:
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Codewalkers Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 shile User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 8 m 24 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Javascript - Mootools submit stop event

well,i have this script that i have set up that on submit requests php file that is used to validate my input values...i have set up that when it is not validated the correct way to echo it is not validated,now i want in my request when i get response and it is the error response to stop the submit..here is the script,it does send the request and returns response but it doesnt stop the submit...

window.addEvent('domready', function(){
var form=document.adminForm;
form.addEvent('submit', function(e){

var dataString="date=" + document.getElementById("date").value + "&start=" + document.getElementById("start").value + "&end=" + document.getElementById("end").value;
var requestData = new Request ({
url: '/provjera.php',
method:'POST',
async:false,
evalResponse:true,
data:dataString,
onComplete: function(responseText){
alert(responseText);
if(responseText){}
e.stop();

}
});

requestData.send();

});

});

Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Contributing User
Codewalkers Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,437 DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Month 3 Days 20 h 56 m 48 sec
Reputation Power: 9
AFAIK once the submit is started it cant be cancelled, you could however just ignore the response if the error is returned?

Alternative would be to break out what happens when the submit is issued into several parts instead of just one.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Codewalkers Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 shile User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 8 m 24 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMR
AFAIK once the submit is started it cant be cancelled, you could however just ignore the response if the error is returned?

Alternative would be to break out what happens when the submit is issued into several parts instead of just one.

you misunderstood me,i dont wont to ignore the response...if response returns error i want to stop the submit,if it is ok to continue...

Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Contributing User
Codewalkers Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,437 DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Month 3 Days 20 h 56 m 48 sec
Reputation Power: 9
No, you misunderstand me, what i was saying was i dont think you can cancel the submit as its asynchronous, what i was saying is, if you had various steps you could use that approach.

not sure because I havent tried, but if the form had an "onsubmit='function()'" it might work,the response could be the error generated by the function, just use "return false" after the alert. but i havent tried this so not sure about this.

Viewing: Codewalkers ForumsOther TechnologiesClient Side Things > Javascript - Mootools submit stop event

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: