PHP Coding

Forums: » Register « |  User CP |  Games |  Calendar |  Members |  FAQs |  Sitemap |  Support | 
User Name:
Password:
Remember me

Go Back   Codewalkers ForumsPHP RelatedPHP Coding

Add This Thread To:
  Del.icio.us   Digg   Google   Spurl   Blink   Furl   Simpy   Y! MyWeb 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Unread Codewalkers Forums Sponsor:
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Codewalkers Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Posts: 12 shile User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 3 h 8 m 24 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Calling a php script from javascript onclick

i want to execute a php script when i click on a button in html generated by javascript,i was trying with jquery ajax and i did this but nothing happens...any help pls?the php script is working so its not that,i guess i am missing something in this ajax call..

Code:
$(".formBtn").click(function(){          $.ajax({         url: "script to call",         type: "post",                  // callback handler that will be called on success         success: function(response, textStatus, jqXHR){             // log a message to the console             console.log("Hooray, it worked!");             alert("Working!");         },         // callback handler that will be called on error         error: function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown){             // log the error to the console             console.log(                 "The following error occured: "+                 textStatus, errorThrown             );         },         // callback handler that will be called on completion         // which means, either on success or error         complete: function(){             // enable the inputs             $inputs.removeAttr("disabled");         }     });        });

and this is the php script

PHP Code:
 $api_key 'apikey';     $project_id 'projectid';     $phone_id 'phoneid';         $to_number 'number';     $content 'content';               $curl curl_init();     curl_setopt($curlCURLOPT_URL,          "urlblblbll");     curl_setopt($curlCURLOPT_USERPWD"{$api_key}:");       curl_setopt($curlCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1);     curl_setopt($curlCURLOPT_POSTFIELDShttp_build_query(array(         'content' => $content,         'phone_id' => $phone_id,         'to_number' => $to_number,              )));                           $json curl_exec($curl);         if ($err curl_error($curl)) { echo "$err\n"; }         curl_close($curl);              $res json_decode($jsontrue);                  var_dump($res); // do something with $res     } 

Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Contributing User
Codewalkers Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Posts: 1,437 DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 Month 3 Days 20 h 56 m 48 sec
Reputation Power: 9
Are you getting any errors? have you tried running the php on its own?

Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM

yes i have,and it works fine...

Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Contributing User

Posts: 1,437 DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level)DavidMR User rank is Lance Corporal (50 - 100 Reputation Level) 
you need to provide a bit more information, ie exactly what you are doing, what you are expecting... posting 2 bits of code formatted terribly is hard to trouble shoot.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:47 AM

this php script sends sms message and i want when a button is clicked to send that message,but the problem is that button is already linked with a submit form so i have to do this with ajax...

Old November 4th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Contributing User

In your ajax, i dont see where you passing the post variables?

Old November 4th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Posts: 5 Sleeping Troll User rank is Just a Lowly Private (1 - 20 Reputation Level) 
Time spent in forums: 1 h 6 m 20 sec
Only one click allowed!

If the button is type = "submit" that is all you will get! only one click event procedure will be called and that will be the submit.

You should not need a submit form and an ajax script... (actually you can't have both) handle the whole thing with ajax!

Old November 5th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Troll
If the button is type = "submit" that is all you will get! only one click event procedure will be called and that will be the submit.

You should not need a submit form and an ajax script... (actually you can't have both) handle the whole thing with ajax!

if there is no need for a form submission, type="button" would be better as it will not submit the form.

Viewing: Codewalkers ForumsPHP RelatedPHP Coding > Calling a php script from javascript onclick

Developer Shed Advertisers and Affiliates

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: